Author Topic: Not Only Two Player! :D  (Read 2237 times)

Bzubko

• Dude
  • Idle Creations Loyal Supporter
Not Only Two Player! :D
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »
So Nore and I were up for another round of tomb of rooms when my brother is all like "I wanna play too!" so he grabbed the other controller and joked about three player tomb of rooms when suddenly... BAM! *Look at attachment 1* Three player ToR time!

Loz

• programmer
  • Administrator
  • Dude
Re: Not Only Two Player! :D
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:40:37 PM »
Wow! I had totally forgotten I'd even programmed that in. At the time I didn't see why I should artificially limit it to only two players, but its never been tested with more. I think the split screen code won't know what to do with more than four, but the game could in theory have five (four pads and keyboard/mouse).

Any issues with running it three player? I think you are the first person to ever test it.

Bzubko

• Dude
  • Idle Creations Loyal Supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:00:05 PM »
Its really fun! However it is quite laggy without turning the graphics down to minimal. the third player is a girl and the fourth is a guy. In fact just the other day I went to my good friends party and we played four player on the big TV! It is very fun but the atmosphere is sort of ruined :P but again, still fun nonetheless. Four player has a well sliced screen and three player has a triple split screen and therefore a tiny slice of your own screen, therefore three player is best played on a large monitor or even TV though it is still functional on a small screen. Overall, ToR is amazing for four players but I still prefer Two player co-op unless you play on a pretty big screen.

Man I overused the word screen XD

idlekaty

• Idle artist
  • Administrator
  • Dude
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 02:45:36 AM »
That's so cool you played it four player. I would love to try that with a projector maybe.
But I think maybe we'd need a few more jumpy-out monsters for a party environment...

Drawn

• Dude
  • get rekt
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »
It's real fun 3 player and even more chaotic

HipolitoD

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »
Cool, what's the maximum number of players allowed?

Drawn

• Dude
  • get rekt
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 03:49:03 PM »
Possible with 4.
5 if you got a big enough screen I assume.